Hyperbolic Paraboloid Shell

305 x 245mm
C-type Print
Edition of 10

The now Grade II listed continuously loaded, double curved,self-supporting structure was built in 1959 to function as a canopy for a petrol station. It was designed by British Architect Samuel Scorer and engineered by Hainal-Konyi. The recently restored shell structure sits on the south bound carriage way of the A1 at Markham Moor and is one of the last remaining hypar structures from the 1950's in the UK.